We have an advertising relationship with the stores we link to in this post. Thank you!
Parasols are old-fashioned style umbrellas that can be used for decoration. They are often made of paper, nylon or even lace. They can be found in many different sizes, colors, materials, and shapes.
Here are five quinceanera decoration ideas that use parasols ~
1. Photo backdrop: parasols make a striking photo backdrop, especially when you mix and match coordinating colors and designs. I found a DIY tutorial for a freestanding parasol backdrop to the right, at the Subtle Revelry blog. It does take some work but the result is gorgeous.
Another way to use parasols for fun photos at your party: Set up a “photo booth” in an out of the way area. Include a fancy chair– either a very nice, elegant chair, or decorate a chair to make it pretty. Place about 3 parasols around the chair. Inspiration for this idea from the Canvas and Canopy blog (photo below).
2. Hanging: Parasols hanging from the ceiling are a seriously cool decorating idea for a quince. You will need parasols, clear fishing line and something to hang them from. If you want to try this at your party, talk to the event manager at your reception location. They will be able to tell you if it is possible to do, and they may even be able to do it for you.
3. Prop for your waltz: or surprise dance! I have seen parasols used as a prop for a quinceanera waltz. Every dama and yourself could have a parasol as a prop. Or, you as the quinceanera could stand out and be the only one with a parasol. Another idea: your damas can have parasols in your quince color(s), and you could have a different color , or even a fancier parasol.
4. Centerpieces: Parasols also make gorgeous centerpieces. You will need a vase, a parasol and someting to put in the vase to secure the parasol, such as rocks and styrofoam. Click here for an example of a beautiful parasol centerpiece.
5. Backdrop for head table: or any other important table, such as the cake table. Attach the parasols to the wall behind the head table, if allowed. Overlap them and create a pattern, using a few different colors, sizes or designs.
An excellent place to buy your quinceanera parasols…
The parasols I have recommended on this page are available through the website, PaperLanternStore.com. This website has an amazing selection of decorating products that can be used for quinceaneras. They also have a huge clearance section, where you can find some great deals. This is always important because when you are buying many items, you need the best price possible. I checked their Yelp.com reviews and found many happy reviews for this company.
More reasons why PaperLanternStore is awesome:
- Safe and secure processing
- 100% Lowest Price GUARANTEE!
- Free Shipping for U.S. orders over $99
Can you think of any more quinceanera decoration ideas for parasols?
My Perfect Quince