We have an advertising relationship with the stores we link to in this post. Thank you!
The second best thing to finding your quince dress? Finding the perfect dama dresses for your court! You want your ladies to look lovely, feel great, and match your quinceanera theme. It can be a little tricky, and finding dama dresses that please and flatter all of your damas may take some effort.
Here are a few things to consider when looking for dama dresses:
- Flattering please!: Just like a bride has to keep her bridesmaids in mind while picking their dresses, a quinceanera must be mindful of her court. Is there a style that will flatter all the damas? It is important they are comfortable in their dresses and hopefully they like them, too! Another option: select different dresses for each dama but in the same color for everyone. This is a popular trend with bridesmaids, and it will work very well with damas, too!
- Age-appropriate: Everyone’s parents are different. Some may be a little uncomfortable with a dress that’s a touch too short, tight, or revealing in any way. Make sure that your dresses are not only super-cute, but appropriate for everyone in your court.
- Budget: Each dama/her parents will be responsible for buying her own dress. So, you will want to pass on dresses that are super expensive, or rival the cost of your own dress. The wonderful news is that there are PLENTY of options available for under $100-$150–and sometimes the price is even way less.
- Look around: While your dress will likely be from a formal shop, you have way more options for dama dresses. Check out the formal sections of department stores or even other stores at the mall. The challenge may be finding enough of one dress. Some stores, such as Macy’s, may be able to order dresses for you if needed. Or, it may not be traditional to buy your dama dresses at, say, Dress Barn. But they have some really cute stuff in there that would be really pretty as dama dresses. Expand your options and you may find your dresses where you least expect it.
- Online: See what’s available online. Buy only from a reputable online store/business. Have someone who is familiar taking measurements measure your damas so that you can select the proper sizes.
- Theme: Your quince theme is super important to consider when considering dama dresses. Your theme will steer you in the right direction of color, style, length and so on. Note: the dresses are an awesome way to incorporate your theme into your party right from the mass!
- Trust Yourself!: You don’t have to do what is traditional or expected. For example, most dama dresses you see are traditionally above the knee. If you really like long dresses or high-low, don’t be afraid to deviate from the norm.
Have confidence (and patience!) and you will be on your way to picking out the best dresses for your court. One final word of advice: try to only involve one or two people in your dress selection. If you were to involve your whole court, it would likely be pretty hard to decide on one dress. Happy dama dress hunting!
For more cute dama dresses, check out our Pinterest board to see our picks~