Complete Guide to Quinceanera Decorations
Quinceanera decorating can be a little intimidating, even if you know what you are doing! I created this list of quinceanera decorations from A-Z to help give you plenty of ideas on different types of decorations, with examples.
Your quinceanera decorations will depend a lot on your theme, budget, location and personal preferences. Some basic decorations that you usually find at quinceaneras: balloons, centerpieces, table linens, maybe seat covers, a backdrop for the head table. You may also find draping, lighting, archways, a photobooth backdrop area, and candles.
You can find a lot of deals on quinceanera decorations online. ALWAYs look for a coupon code when you are buying online. Also, check my quinceanera deals page prior to ordering! Even if you are buying or renting decorations in person, always ask what is the bottom line, best price the store can offer you.
Top ideas for quinceanera decorations
1. Aisle Runner: This can be a beautiful decoration for your church, and can be bought to match your color scheme. You can also use an aisle runner to help make the entrance to your party extra glamorous.
2. Archway: An archway can be made of balloons or other materials, and can be another element used to make your entrance to your party special. An archway can be purchased, rented or made.
3. Backdrops: You can buy a backdrop, or make your own. A backdrop is ideal behind the head table, a buffet table, and/or cake table. It can also be used as a fun photo booth area for your quinceanera. A backdrop can be anything from a banner to homemade paper art, to draped fabric.
Some backdrop ideas: personalized banners, beaded curtains, letters spelling out the quinceanera’s name, paper flowers, pom poms, strings of lights, garlands, draped fabric, balloons, and lanterns.
4. Balloons: One of the best decorations ever, balloons will help you stretch your decorating budget and make a big impact. I have made a complete description for different ways to use balloons at your quinceanera party here.
5. Candles: Candles are nice to use as centerpieces. Its safest to use small votive candles floating in water, or LED candles. Check with your venue– sometimes reception halls keep a stash of decorations items that can be used to accompany your quinceanera decorations.
6. Ceiling Decor: Decorating your ceiling can make a big difference at your quince. Fabric, balloons and parasols are three common items used to dress up a ceiling.
7. Centerpieces: Use your centerpieces to make your party pretty and support your quince theme. Check out our quince themes center for theme specific ideas! I also have a Pinterest board for quinceanera centerpiece inspiration.
8. Chair covers/linens: This is one way to transform a plain room into something really fancy. Renting chair covers can cost more than buying chair sashes, so make sure to do your homework 😀
9. Flowers: Just like at weddings, you are very likely to find flowers somewhere at a quinceanera. Fresh, artificial, or paper are a few different options.
10. Garlands: Garlands can be bought or made, and can be made of a wide range of materials. Paper, tissue paper, tulle, crystals, beading and even objects like mini-lanterns can be found on garlands.
11. Lighting: Lighting is awesome to help create a mood, enhance a color scheme or add drama to your party. Lighting can be dramatic, with entire walls lit up. Lighting can also be more subtle, like strings of lights on the head table.
Party supplies: Free Shipping on $99
12. Pew Bows: Pew bows are a simple way to make sure the church look very elegant. You can buy bows, or buy fabric to make bows if you want a custom color or fabric. I found a tutorial here that is stunning, and although it is technically not a pew bow, it is a lovely pew decoration that would be amazing for a quinceanera.
13. Photos: Because it is your special day, don’t hesitate to highlight yourself by displaying pictures of you and your life. Consider doing a slideshow if you have access to a projector, or find other creative ways to display your photos. Ordering a favorite photograph of yourself on canvas and displaying at your mass and reception would be beautiful and something you can keep forever.
14. Pom Poms & Paper Lanterns: Pom poms and paper lanterns are a popular decorating item. I found a source that has an AMAZING assortment and variety for both, PaperLanternStore.com. These items can be used for centerpieces, be hung around your party or as extra cute decorations on your cake table (or candy buffet!).
15. Standees: A standee, or sometimes called a standup, is a life size cutout of a person, such as Marilyn Monroe, or Harry Styles, for example. This can be an interesting conversation piece for your party, if it fits well with your theme.
There are a lot of options for quinceanera decorations. Make your special day your own and let your personality shine through by putting some thought into your quinceanera decorations. It doesn’t have to be super expensive if you don’t mind getting a little creative!
StumpsParty.com: Free Shipping on orders of $249+ (Year-long offer)
My Perfect Quince