What will your chambelanes wear?
Maybe you know exactly how you want your chambelanes to look at your quince–or maybe you have no idea. I have to say, it was way easier finding dama dresses than outfits for los chambelanes at our daughter Arianna’s quinceanera. We didn’t want the boys to have to rent tuxes, because the cost was ridiculously high–for an outfit they don’t even get to keep! We went with grey pants, light pink shirts, silver ties and black shoes. It was simple and the outcome was very nice!
Selecting outfits for your chambelan de honor y los chambelanes:
- Renting suits is the simplest way to make sure everyone will match, if that is important to you. If your chambelanes get their outfits at the same rental shop, they will all be properly fitted and will be able to completely match. Ask for a discount if all of your chambelanes rent from the same shop.
- If you aren’t very concerned with an exact match, you can pick out what you want the guys to wear and let your party know : “black dress pants, black jacket, red long sleeved shirt, black dress shoes”. You could also really make it easy for everyone and pick out a specific brand and color, this will make it simple for everyone to find the right outfit.
- Your chambelan de honor should stand apart from the rest of the chambelanes. He could wear a different color suit — or maybe he could be the only one in a full tux. You want him to stand out from the rest of the guys, be a little fancier–but still fit in!
- Try to make things affordable. Search around to find good deals and make decisions that are good for everybody. See what it costs to rent a suit versus buy a suit.
- Get creative! Your chambelanes can have interesting accents to their outfits, such as a tie that goes with your theme, Converse instead of dress shoes, hats, suspenders, etc. Think about how to work your theme into their outfits, if possible.
How will you dress your chambelanes?
My Perfect Quince